To: of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court
Appeal for Intenational Criminal Court Chief Prosecutor to Investigate War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity in Gaza.
ATTN: Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court
Mr. Luis Moreno-Ocampo, Prosecutor
Information and Evidence Unit
Office of the Prosecutor
Post Office Box 19519
2500 CM The Hague
Phone: Tel. + 31 (0)70 515 851
We the undersigned citizens of Malaysia/International Community hereby formally petition you to investigate and prosecute any and all government officials named for heinous war crimes, crimes against humanity and other criminal acts of commission and omission by Shimon Peres, Ehud Olmert, Tzipi Livni, George W. Bush, Hosni Mubarak, Dick Cheney and Condoleeza Rice who have participated directly or indirectly in War Crimes in Gaza.
The Israeli military, aided indirectly and directly through munitions supply by the United States of America are accused of:
• Using powerful shells in civilian areas sending blast and shrapnel over a wide area which the army knew would cause large numbers of innocent casualties;
• Using banned weapons such as phosphorus bombs which inflict horrific burns; and testing powerful new explosives such as DIME which cause the massive injuries and amputations as described by Gaza doctors and by a previous Al-Jazeera report;
• Holding Palestinian families as human shields;
• Attacking medical facilities, including the killing of 12 ambulance men in marked vehicles;
* Shooting civilian men, women and children in cold blood after asking them to leave their homes or as they seek refuge in shelters. One case out of many was that of Haneen al-Batran, a nine year old girl who was shot in the face and abdomen by Israeli snipers as her family ran to the Al-Quds hospital in Tel al-Hawa. She died later.
* Prohibiting rescue services to attend to the dead, injured and trapped for days, as in the case of the Al-Samouni family in Zeitoun which is only one uncovered so far in many of such incidents and the sad case of Shad, a four year old Palestinian girl killed in her backyard in Jabalya and her body left for the dogs to eat by Israeli soldiers who shot at her family attempting to retrieve it for 5 days, resulting in another two family members being shot dead (more eyewitness accounts of other cases have been reported in Free Gaza, Window on Palestine and Al Jazeera sources);
• Killing large numbers of policemen who had no military role;
* Shelling designated UN facilities which served as safe havens for the displaced fleeing from indiscriminate bombings;
* Targeting UN aid convoys and destroying badly needed food, water medical and fuel supplies;
* Bombing mosques, universities, schools and hospitals, cemeteries and infrastructure with lame excuses of "militant" activity;
* Imprisoning terrorised, starved and injured civilians in a small open air "prison" with no safe haven to flee by blockading and sealing off borders and shelling them indiscriminately. In the latest UNHCR newsletter, a high ranking official stated that; Gaza (is): "The only conflict in the world in which people are not even allowed to flee" - High Commissioner Guterres
* Total disregard and impudence towards a democratically elected government of the people of Gaza;
* The continued harassment and instilment of fear by low-flying drones, fighter jets, helicopters, and movement of tanks in civilian areas despite a unilateral ceasefire;
* A hugely disproportionate "retaliatory" campaign against rocket threats; threats which were falsely used as a pretext for the latest invasion when it has been clear that Israel violated the previous existing ceasefire agreement.
* The continued unjust imprisonment and deprivation of the Palestinian population by a continued siege and economic and physical blockade of Gaza and the destruction of tunnels used to funnel necessities to enable decent living conditions.
In short, as an occupying power, Israel has totally and willfully violated its obligations, with the full support of the United States of America, as to protect the occupied citizens of Gaza and violated the Geneva conventions and the Statutes laid out in Article 8 of the International Criminal Court by the deliberate and sustained targeting of civilians and humanitarian aid workers, halting the full delivery of much needed aid to Gaza, and totally destroying the infrastructure in Gaza which will cost billions to rebuild and which is almost impossible to do so, due to the blockade, thus rendering the population homeless and open to the risks of the natural elements of extreme weather, abscence sanitation, healthcare, education, food, water and any economic activity.
These and numerous other war crimes must be investigated and the perpetrators brought to justice to ensure that all international laws are respected and there exist no avenue and space for any nation to act with such total impunity and disregard for other nations and peoples and that regard for the sanctity of human lives and property and the environment be preserved. We cannot allow the law of the jungle and barbarism to continue to prevail in this day and age.
What has occurred in Gaza, and is still continuing, is a crime against humanity and a test of our own.
We the undersigned citizens demand a full and thorough investigation immediately This investigation should be pursued no matter where it may lead and no matter what the political implications may be. To this end, we remind you that you work not on behalf of the United States of America of for Israel but for Justice itself.