Saturday, August 22, 2015

Forgetful, We Can Be.





I was in the mood for something loud the other day. That day, the anniversary of the date my beautiful Emak gave birth to me, but the moment I sat in front of this laptop, everything I wanted to do and write disappeared like the wisp of smoke. But no, I am not going senile but there were too many things on the block up there. Oh yes, we hermits do think quite a bit, mind you. Maybe not as much as 2.6 billion times but of matters relating to the number, and how despicable, dishonourable and thick skin a person and his minions can be. Correction: 2 persons.

I don't have to justify nor explain on the matter above as many would have read about it. What I would like to do however, is provide another view from 2 people, one of them I know and respect. Their views were published on Malaymail Online and can be found at :

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/what-you-think/article/political-funding-and-transparency--an-islamic-perpective-dr-maszlee-malik .

Do accept my apologies for not putting up the link proper as I would not like my blog to be tracked by certain quarters associated with any of the minions mentioned above for reasons  as stated in the heading of my blog. In any case, I have also learned that many people hate to go to links provided. Thus, I'll try to give a summary in a story from one of the pages in Islamic History.

"Bahlool, a pious and honest man, once walked into the palace of the Khalifah Harun Ar-Rashid. When he reached the throne room, he saw not a single soul around and took the opportunity to sit on the throne, wondering what it was like. 

The moment he sat himself, a guard walked in and immediately asked Bahlool to get up. Not waiting for a reply nor action, the guard pulled Bahlool from the throne and began beating until Bahlul was heard crying. At the very same time too, the Khalifah walked in and put a stop to the beating.

As the Khalifah knows Bahlool personally, he commanded the guard to apologise for the pain caused. On hearing this, Bahlool said "I was not crying because of the pain. I had sat on your throne but only for a brief moment and received a torment while you have been sitting there much longer; I wonder how you will feel (later)".

 *Bahlool is not to be confused with the Malay word/slang 'Bahlul' which means stupid.

In short, being a leader is not a matter of grandeur. Instead, it wears heavy on the shoulder and leaders should not only be honest, but also transparent on affairs related to the nation.


The song below I dedicate to the minions of the 2 persons as well as minions of any corrupt leaders worldwide.



The translation below is my adaptation of the lyrics and I dedicate to Muslims who support any corrupt and evil regime. Oh, I am very well aware that none I wrote will change anything much but I will keep on trying. And if you Malaysians would like to give it a try too, why not join the walk on the 29th?.


Theme From Mahagony Pt1,

Do you know where you're going to
Dunia semakin tua. Pelbagai kekotoran meracuninya. Dan hari demi hari
ianya terus diracuni dan di cemari oleh durjana durjana bernama manusia,
bersama syaiton dan sekutunya. Kemanakah arah tujuan kita?



Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Korupsi, maksiat, jenayah minda dan fisikal berluasa tanpa batasan.
Adakah ini yang dinamakan kehidupan?Dan adakah ini kehidupan yang dicari?



Where are you going to?
Bukankah arah tujuan kita untuk kembali?



Do you know?
Tapi tahukah kita walau sekadar membaca kompas untuk arah tujuan?



Do you get what you're hoping for
Jauh di dalam hati, ramai yang bermohon dan berdoa untuk, walau sekadar
kedamaian, ketenteraman, namun kesemua itu akan sia belaka



When you look around you there's no open door
Kesejahteraan abadi tiada lain jalan nya melainkan Ad-Deen.



What are you hoping for?
Atau adakah kita meminta perkara yang sementara, yang bathil



Do you know?
Tahukah kita di mana yang bathil dan yang Haq?


By: Lekaran.



***

Abu Hurayrah (radhiallahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah
(sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) said: "Whoever believes in Allah and the
Last Day, let him say what is righteous or keep silent. Whoever believes
in Allah and the Last Day, let him be kind to his neighbor. And whoever
believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him be generous to his guest."

[Saheeh Muslim]

No comments: