Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Malaysia S.O.S.

On the 12th September 2007, Raja Petra Kamaruddin logged an entry in MalaysiaToday entitled "Petition to The Agong". The petition, I believe, is to seek the DYMM Agong to look into matters of the state, especially as listed in the log.

Earlier this evening I sms-ed to ask of his progress in getting Malaysians of all walk-of-life to send in their support for the petition; though the reply was encouraging - some 5,000 odd within less than 72 hours - he mentioned the need for more signatories. Perhaps, due to many Malaysians lack of interest in matters of greater concern and more to matters not beneficial (see rauf), as well as the (still) lack of inter-net penetration, the figure mentioned, though encouraging, is still below that targeted number (more than 30,000).

Thus, on behalf of a Malaysia that is just and free of corrupt practices, I appeal to Malaysians to send in their support to MalaysiaToday. Spread the news like wildfire and let more Malaysians be made aware and get them to send in their support!

Again, on behalf of a future Malaysia that is just to all, I thank you.

5 comments:

nurulazreenazlan said...

i understand the sentiment, but still a bit skeptical about bringing the Royalty into this.

There are only a handful of Royals who can be deemed having leadership qualities. The Perak ones are pretty impressive, and maybe the Sultan of Selangor too.

Am not sure about the rest though. Haven't seen any other Royals who could impress me with their wit.
I mean, look at Sultan Pahang and the FAM fiasco.

If all our Royals are half as educated as Raja Nazrin then maybe I wouldn't be so skeptical. I still think that it leadership should come by merit, and not birth right.

My 2 pence.

Unknown said...

I have done my part, hope more will

cakapaje said...

Salam Nurul, I'm pleasant surprised to have you here.

While what you mentioned does hold water, this petition is meant for the bearer of the Agong's office to politically intervene in matters that seem to have sunk to lower depths.

Apart from the opposition parties which have the cards stacked against them, we have no other alternative but seek a Royal redress into the matter.

Rest assured though, I have been informed that the opposition parties too will be seeking audience with DYMM Agong.

cakapaje said...

Nurul, first message should read ...pleasantly surprised.

Sometimes the mind raced too far ahead than the fingers...like I'm in my ferrari (in my dreams, off course)

cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

Thank you sir.