Friday, March 14, 2008

Waiting For The Midnight Sun

A fool I must be
and foolish one at that too

There I was under the open sky
with the darkness around
and above me
and I was waiting, anticipating
a brightness I had read
and thought would appear

All day long I looked forward
as I do so every single day
for this brightness to lit the sky
and the earth I stood upon
so I may bask in its beauty and be happy
to be embraced by its warmth
as I embrace it too with all my heart
but the heart of a fool

For the fool that I am
and the fool I will always be
I am made to face the reality
on the grounds I stand
the midnight sun comes not around
for it stays in a land far up north
while I stare up the heaven in darkness

A fool I must be
and foolish one at that too

4 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

beautiful la brother. deep from the heart i must say, huh?

cakapaje said...

Salam kerp,

From the abyss, I would say :)

Unknown said...

Tell u what, go to the North or South pole during summer. Awat ni?

cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

Lol! I was thinking of the Scandinavian only. Hopefully it won't be freezing cold there :)

Nothing to worry about Cikgu, just some crappy moments.