Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Man and His Needles

In my previous posting, I mentioned of going to a Dr. Nasir's office. Reading his profile at The Star Online, he did get his doctorate in International Nurition. And though now a Selangor State Assemblyman, he still practice another form of treatment, one which he studied soon after being freed from the Internal Security Act, Acupunture.

The first time I met Dr Nasir, was during the 10th General Elections campaign period in Subang Jaya. A soft spoken man, I was attracted to his polite and humble manner. Every now and then, I would try to follow up on his latest news, but never did know he was into Acupunture. That, I only came to know yesterday when I was introduced to one of his assistants in the Constituent's Office. Having a friend or two in mind, I visited his office today in hope of learning more about his treatment. You do have to excuse that cakapaje guy, for apart from light reading materials, the only other thing he knows about acupunture was through a 1970's movie 'The Golden Needles'. But that, was a very long time ago.

Anyway, Dr Nasir has devoted one day a week to treat patients at his clinic in Pandan Jaya. Unless there are matter of arising from Local Councils or the State Government, off course. He normally charges a nominal fee to cover his treatment costs, and I was told by his assistant, had refused a huge sum from a Singaporean whom he treated. However, please bear in mind that like all things in this world, it is subjected to the will of Allah s.w.t.

The kind Doctor did give me his name card, one which I seem to have misplaced for now. But should anyone be interested to get in touch with him, insyAllah, I will try to get another. Or, one could always try to call the number as listed in The Star Online.

16 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

shah,

dr Nasir Othman? dang man, dannnnng. i believe he is the Adun of our respective areas. yes, bro, for some weird reason, ara damansara falls under the same constituency as Kota Damanserra...he was at my place several times but have yet to meet up with him. he's the right man and was glad he beat the hell out of datuk zain isma or whateverhisis.

cakapaje said...

Salam kerpie,

Yup, he's the man! And the only reason why Ara and Kota are lumped together is because the move was to give the sarkas an advantage. They never play fair, do they?

Unknown said...

Hey can acupuncture make a man grow a dick on the forehead? Would like the procedure done on some of my favourite politicians.

jaflam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jaflam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

For that, I guess you will have to find someone like the woman who dismembered the body of a politician into 18 pieces ;)

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Dato',

InsyAllah. Please forgive me, but I will have to delete your comment to protect your privacy. But before that...

Hmm...I too do love a good massage on the foot as well as body.

Anonymous said...

i would to try it one day. for my brain.

Anonymous said...

i would like to try.. sorry.

Ydiana said...

Salam Shah

I'm all for alternative medicine, but I think this is one treatment that I will skip. No particular reason, excep maybe the needles.

Re you 'Dang!' Aiyooo...after almost 20 years still can remember and blush ma...

And what a coincidence to your story. I was at Subang Parade earlier today when I realised I was on the wrong floor, Danggg! and quickly turned and almost hit a young man, and he said, "Filipina, hah?" Of coures I just stared blankly and walked off my direction.

cakapaje said...

Salam Alina,

Hehe...perhaps, we all need to. InsyAllah, I will give it a shot sometime before Ramadhan; you game then?

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam ydiana,

Hmm...its painless (I think lah!). And being a gentleman, should we go together for the first time, I'll let you try it first ;) (I'm pretty sure I will literally get a kick for that, from you, that is).

Re: Dang!
Well, alhamdulillah I do remember quite a lot of things even from the age of 5. Or was it 6?

Anyway, I'm quite sure many men will not forget getting a peck from a beauty. And, you must be quite a looker yourself to be thought as one :)

Roti Kacang Merah said...

2,3 tahun dulu ada zunar ajak untuk buat acupuncture sakit belakang saya dengan DocNasir... sampai sekarang tak tersempat-sempat lagi.

kami ingatkan lepas jadi adun dia dah tak buat acupuncture, dah.

lepas ni boleh lah arrange appointment! Thanks for the info, abgshah!

cakapaje said...

Salam Lyn,

No problemo. Er...kalau nak gi tu, sound sikit; mungkin I pun nak tag along :)

Ydiana said...

Shah

No thank you! I'd rather try everything else, as of now.

About the 'looker', not necceasrily. Have you seen them in groups out on their sunday outings? Of course I'm not like that either...hehehe

cakapaje said...

Ydiana,

Hehe, thought you would say that :)

As for the Filipina, yes I have. But if you have been to the Makati district in Manila, you would find many drop-dead gorgeous Filipinas, and I presume, perhaps, you look like one?

Btw, the Dang I mentioned, she was my eldest brother's sister-in-law. Was, ye. My bro and his wife went separate ways some 6-7 years back.