Saturday, July 19, 2008

Engaged!

"I'm sorry, sir" said the girl on the end of the telephone line, "but the manager is engaged".
"Engaged?"I retort. "I thought she's already married!"
"Er..yes sir. She's married".
"But you just said she's engaged! This is serious and I think I should report that your manager is married and at the same time engaged. My guess, they are both different people, the husband and the fiance, I mean".
"Yes...er, I mean no!"
"Yes, she's married and engaged? And no, she married and engaged to the same guy?"
By that time, the girl was getting exasperated and I was losing my patience, waiting to whack just about anyone on the line.

While the above is actually just a scenario I imagine in my mind, getting close to losing patience is not. Currently as I write, I am on the phone line trying to speak to the helpline of the main Internet Service Provider in Malaysia. In fact, the girl I have in mind for the scenario above, should be the girl whose voice is being used for the automatic voice reply, repeating perhaps for the umpteenth time "Please hold, your call is important to us. All our agents are engaged at the moment bla bla bla". Then, the line goes dead.

Off course, unless the girl is as sweet as a doctor can be, then I might just go weak on my knees. But that, will only happen if we are face to face with each other and not on the line which makes me want to shout profanities to a machine! I have done that to their GM sometime back, but hmm...maybe I should do it to the machine as well. But what good would it do me. It would be a totally different story though, were I in possession of some pictures of the Sarkas people. Then, I would gladly do so with all my heart. Still, it would come to nothing.

In an argument with the Service Provider management sometime back, I threw up my arms in despair when they vehemently defended their unofficial motto "Copper-based lines are best suited for our technology". Well, that maybe true for their technology, but what about for the customers? Sheesh!

It gets so bad that I can't even access their speedometer site. Double sheesh!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am presently having trouble myself. Just no speed. Mutimedia Suffer Corridor la.

cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

I think just about everyone I know is facing the same problem. Hmm...think it has anything to do with palah using the wormhole techonology? Nah, I think not. Unless, off course, you have a know something we all don't. Do tell.

Ydiana said...

Salam Shah

Bawa bersabar, bawa bertenang.. nanti naik darah tak pasal2.

My connection sometimes ok, sometimes very very slow. Whenit starts to slow down, just had to do something else. No patience to wait too long.

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam ydiana,

Lol! Ni den bersabaq le ni! Kalau dok, den dah pi kat call center dia di Taman Tun untuk mengamuk. Esok keluar papers "Amuk! 39 dead! 47 wounded!" :)

Dok eh, den merapu je.