Saturday, August 16, 2008

Night Walks

Just came back from a night walk; the night's too beautiful to let it go to waste! Some years back, night walks was almost a routine until my leg developed some problems due to the uneven terrain. Between then and just now, I hardly walk at nights. But I found myself an incentive to do so now.

There's a new 7-11 store, roughly 50 meters or so from my place. Prior to its opening, I had to drive to another 7-11 a distance away for any unexpected needs at night. And the mamak coffee shop nearby, sometimes just do not have my needs. Besides, there's always a crowd there and I just don't like crowded places. It is, also, quite a distance to walk to, and too short for a drive. Thus, this new 7-11 gives me plenty of excuses to do a leisure night walk.

As I was coming out of the 7-11 just now, the counter girl called me as I had forgotten to pick up the change. Nice and honest girl, she was. Perhaps, had it been another person, I would have been left cursing myself for 'misplacing' the change. As it was, alhamdulillah, I was not made RM41 poorer. As a courtesy, I offered to buy her a 'teh tarik' at the mamak shop, one which she politely turned down. Quite expected, I should say. And that, caused me to have a higher degree of respect for her. Off course, had she accepted the offer, I would not have thought any lesser of her. In fact, I would have been smitten myself.

As I reached home, I received a text from Doc Lo'Lo', who requested the message to be forwarded to other people. I did as requested but ran out of credit. Thus, I'm putting it below as it is an amanah from here. The text message, by the way, is more or less the same as found in harakahdaily.

"Dr. Haron Din sifatkan sumpah dibuat Saiful sehari sebelum penamaan calun bermotif politik; tidak ikut syara' sebab dia yang menuduh jadi dia mesti kemukakan bukti untuk sokong tuduhan. Yang kena tuduh lawang dengan bukti jika ada. Jika takde; untuk bela diri dia boleh bersumpah. Ini semua proses dibuat dalam mahkamah bukan dalam masjid pegang Al-Quran. Sebarkan kepada 10 orang".

Oh! While walking away from the store, I heard some loud voices coming from behind and turned around to see. Some 3 or 4 lots away from the 7-11, the crowd in the mamak shop I mentioned earlier, was watching a game on the TV there and was either cheering or jeering the game. I did thought of checking out the game there, but nah, its plain too far to walk.

18 comments:

NS said...

Salam Shah,

Hope you had a great night walk : )

Lily

ZABS said...

Salam Shah,
You have meant to ask the girl for a teh tarik I think..(sangka baik ni), and the forgotten change is a perfect excuse. Anyway jangan putus asa, try again lain masa.. Hahaha..

jaflam said...

Salam Shah,
Thanks for forwarding the texts. Make sure you take a safe route during your night walk and highly visible clothes, with current economic and political crisis nothing is certain and safe.

Unknown said...

Yeah long walks's a real chore you know. I hope they invent something to help me get from my bed to the attached bathroom. The walk's killing me.

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Lily,

I did! But it would be nicer to have a company ;)

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Pak Zabs,

Ssshhhh...not so loud! That one, is a trade secret between us, lol!

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Jaflam,

Well, its a pretty straight forward path between the store and my house. In fact, if I were to strain my neck, I can see it from my place.

Anyway, thanks for the concern. Night times, I'm usually in my kain pelekat and Tshirt. Sometimes, I try to emulate the Scots wearing their kilts. But off course, with the sarong, no once can notice much :)

cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

Aye! I totally agree with you! Real barbaric of those inventors not to do so! The least they could do is invent a steerable couch or settee ;)

Unknown said...

Or at least a pee milker so I don't have to get up.

Anonymous said...

salam shah. kalau dekat area rumah saya, ambil jay walk begini, kemungkinan 50% terserempak dengan anjing adalah agak tinggi! hehe. tapi kawasan rumah kedai di area rumah saya agak meriah. mungkin sebab depannya hotel, kiri kanannya hospital!

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Alina,

Aiks? Sampai ada 2 hospital kat rumah Alina tu...apa hal? Hmm...musti ada ramai misi misi muda kat sana kut! :)

cakapaje said...

Cikgu,

For the pee milker, I think kerpie might have at least one. Hmm...an evil thought just crossed my mind ;)

Anonymous said...

haha. hospital tu satu aja. right wing and left wing. disambung dengan jejantas. (sapa pandai cuba teka clue ini!) haha.

cakapaje said...

Alina,

Anda dok kat Subang Jaya Medical Center ke? Setahu saya, itu je hospital yang ada jejantas menghubungkan kedua wing.

Anonymous said...

ye batul! nanti collect hadiah ye.

cakapaje said...

Alina,

Pizza hut sebagai hadiah, leh? Atau Shakey's kat sebelah SJMC tu? ;)

Anonymous said...

shakeys dah tak ada. dah diganti dengan domino's.

ai.. hadiah pun boleh demand???

cakapaje said...

Alina,

Demand? Eh, tak! Cuma request ;)

Hmm...teringat pula Restoran Bawang Merah kat situ; orang Melaka juga tu!