Saturday, August 09, 2008

Young People's Corner

Hyde Park has its Speaker's Corner; New York, its Central Park. This, was nothing like at all. But given time and due attention, it may well rise to prominence. At least, for the people of Shah Alam and surrounding areas. Only setback as I understand it, it is held once a year. And today, was its second year coming into being.

I didn't know what to make of it, nor do I want to judge. But when I arrived there, I felt totally out of place, perhaps, quite like the Malay proverb 'Seperti Rusa Masuk Kampung'. Still, were I a journalist or reporter, I would have given it due attention and media space. Sadly, I'm not. Without credentials, I felt like a total fool moving around, trying to strike conversation and extract information from the many young people there. Noticing the glances thrown my way, I guess one or two of them must have thought "What's this Jurrusaic thing doing here?"; all around me were nothing but groups of young people who were attending - either as visitors or participants - to a Merdeka Month festivity entitled Layar Tanchap.

3 young lovely ladies manning a booth.
They are, as they inform me, students of UiTM,
and currently studying Creative Writing and Film Production.

Another UiTM student's booth selling their own DVD production entitled "Kopitiam".
Didn't buy it though as I don't have DVD player.

A Mahmeri presentation on stage. Earlier when I arrived,
there was another group of young people on stage with some nice jazzy numbers.

On the way out, I noticed this group who were perhaps, practicing for their gig.
The girl, does seem to have a nice vocal.

InsyAllah, should this event be held again next year, I will do more exploring.

14 comments:

Ydiana said...

Salam Shah

You could have done more exploring just now. The possiblility of....whatever Cikgu and Dato have been harassing you with all these times. Shucks...Now you have to wait another year!

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam ydiana,

lol!

I think, I have had enough of young ladies calling me 'orang tua tak sedar diri! Kubur kata mari, dunia kata pergi!'. Honestly, I don't need those calls anymore. But thank you for the encouragement though ;)

Ydiana said...

Shah

It depends on what you want. If its important to you, you can always extend it in your doa. Do not underestimate yourself or get wrapped up with those ignorant remarks. Take things easy. You are a wonderful person and you should be the first to acknowledge and believe that. And just by that belief, the right person will come to you. InsyaAllah. 'Law of Attraction'.

cakapaje said...

ydiana,

Syukran, Jzkk. Amin, Ya Rabb, Amin :)

Unknown said...

I think for someone so young Ydiana has a thing or two to teach you and I totally agree with her. Come on give yourself a break. We have never met but from your writings I believe you are a charming person. You do charm with your words so I believe you charm with your personality too.

Anonymous said...

aiyakkk.. kenapa tarak mau singgah booth saye??

btw. dalam waktu malam. pak agi datang. dia nampaknya boleh blend dalam crowd bebudak muda. hehe. mungkin jiwanya muda. :)

cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

Erm...(speechless).

But thanks for the confidence.

cakapaje said...

Salam Alina,

Aiyah! Lu tatak cakap mana satu lu punya booth! lol! Time I went there, cuma ada 2 booth dalam gambar plus one jual tshirt and another jual kueh. I did asked the 3 girls about you but they seem blank; I was there between 6.30 and 7.10pm.

Pak Agi, yes, the girls informed me about him. But he's a lecturer while I'm a total stranger. Kang kena pukul bab orang ingat I SB. Sian I kena duk dalam hospital sorang sorang ;)

jaflam said...

Salam Shah,
Although we have only met twice f2f and many times in space. I enjoyed our meetings and believed you are a kind hearted and fine gentleman.

You have no problem at all to mix with any age group what more to find life partner because you are good in capturing their life moments. You just have to catch back that lost glorious moments put back the fire. Bolder YES, sombong NO please reconsider my friend.

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Jaflam,

You are quite right there about wanting me to reconsider. But sometimes, when the wound strikes deep, its rather hard for one not to be afraid. The wound here, does not necessarily come from the ladies, but from life itself. However, I thank you for your support. You, Cikgu, and ydiana have been very supportive and believe me, I really do appreciate it.

defoo said...

Hello there Shah. So you were there awal la rite. I was 1 of the "MC" for Tanchap but I only started MCing at night. Petang tu I got another event kat UITM PJ. Actually we the LTSA committee sgt berbesar hati sbb awak sudi dtg n also write somtg about it. We really appreciate it!! Seriously tanchap is about making friends. The organizers are from different backgrounds and we do it for it is our passion.

I hope to meet you soon. Don't have to wait for a year, actually tanchap is organized once in 2 months ^_^ But for 2008 most probly this will be our last. Then akan jumpa hopefully by January.

Sbg wakil LTSA, thank you very much for attending ya!! To get to know me better, visit my blog ^_^

cakapaje said...

Hello defoo,

OK. Thanks for the info. InsyAllah, I will visit you.

Anonymous said...

oo.. kitorg start bukak booth around 715. but i was there earlier. guarding my booth. hehe. takpa. next time ada lagi and we will meet. art4grabs? kat central market. nanti i will inform kat dalam blog.

yes. defoo or alvin sebagai mc. memeriahkan lagi suasana.

cakapaje said...

Alina,

Art4grabs? That sound interesting! OK, will wait for it, thanks ;)