Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Desert Rose

Recently, quite soon after bro kerpie had virus infection on his laptop, I too suffered an attack which prompted me to call my nephew to reformat and upload a new OS. He did just that in a matter of a couple of hours and soon, I was back online. However, I had to download quite a number of softwares which were erased. Doing so, reminded me of the first time I went online sometime in 2001, and was later introduced to the world of chatting via icq and YM. Though now I have abandoned icq and hardly use YM, I still remember experiencing culture-shock during the initial months of chatting.

Chatters, I learned then, like to use abbreviations of sentences which I too soon learn to use as well, where short sentences were abbreviated to brb, rofl, ic, and quite a number more. Much later on, I then developed my own to be used as a reply; whenever someone use 'oic', I would reply PLO, then later Hamas. This, had them stumped. Off course, PLO and Hamas had nothing to do with chat abbreviations, but I sort of use it as a payback tool for being baffled by people using abbreviations; in the initial stage of chatting, I had the impression that there were many rude people. This came about everytime I crack a joke and the other party would reply with 'lol'. Not knowing what it meant then, I thought they were calling me 'bahlol' in shortform. Surely - in Malay usage of the word - that is rather insulting. But as time pass by, I found out not only the meaning of 'lol', but the true meaning of 'Bahlol'.

The true Bahlol, is actually a pious man living in the times of Khalifah Harun Rashid. As the stories I have read about him points out, Bahlol was quite a wealthy but honest man. His honesty was such that, it sometimes put him in dangerous position. Yet, he continued on with his way, much to the chagrin of several people. Below, is one of the many stories of Bahlool I picked up from here.

Bohlool Sits on Haroun Rashid's Throne

One day Bohlool arrived at Haroun's palace and saw that the throne was empty. There was no one to stop him, so he unhesitatingly and fearlessly went and sat in Haroun's place. When the court slaves saw this, they immediately started whipping him and took him off the throne. Bohlool started crying. Haroun came and saw this; he asked those nearby why Bohlool was crying. A slave told him the whole story. Haroun scolded them and tried to cheer Bohlool up.

Bohlool said he wasn't crying at his condition, but at Haroun's condition. "I sat on the seat of Khalifate wrongfully for a few seconds and received such a beating and endured such misfortune; but you have been sitting on this throne all your life! What troubles you must receive, yet you still don't fear the consequence."

end/-


Reading the short story, I can't help but equating the last para to the fools running this country. Perhaps, we need more people like Bahlool to remind them of their sacred duties. Unfortunately, we only have too many bahluls - of the corrupted Malay usage - sitting together with those fools. InsyAllah, begining with the Permatang Pauh by-election, we will be able to cleanse our land of them.

Do listen to the video below.

The main problem we have for now, is the entity using the scales of justice as the Dajjal would in later times; they also go by another name which is now widely known as the accursed Sarkas.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The problem is that those sitting in the seats of power here are true blue BAHALOLS in the flesh and if you were to see on their left and right, you will see SAMPDOLS, and sometime back in a state called the Selang of Or, we even had a Toyol.

cakapaje said...

Salam Cikgu,

True. But if I get them in my sights, I'd just c4 them.

wallpapersdeco said...

hi have a nice day.. looking for wallpapers for your house? or your friends/relative interested, visit my blog! thanks

cakapaje said...

Hi Wallpapersdeco,

Perhaps you should visit my brother's site: rimbunseni.com

Ydiana said...

Lol...you even answered an advertisement..hehehe!

cakapaje said...

Salam ydiana,

Well, not exactly. Dia cari makan so I just referred him to my brother who is in the decoration business - land, house, and sometimes even fashion.

Anonymous said...

salam.
whois the speaker in that video?

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam Alina,

If I'm not mistaken, the speaker is Muhammad Al-Shareef and you can find more of his video - and others - at Islamictube at http://www.islamictube.net/index.php

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

bahlol, saifool...they're all idiots.

but i like the abbreviation bits. hehehe...

you know what bro, YM is essential in my line of work. its the cheapest form of communication and save a lot really. not just its cheap, its fast and reliable too.

cakapaje said...

Salam kerpie,

Mind you bro, if you are referring to the original Bahlul too, he is, a pious man. But if you are referring to the Sarkas, then I'm all with you :)

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

ofcos i meant them bahalol toilet cabinet ministers!